Thursday, November 4, 2010

Craftress in the making

(Long story short, I am doing a compilation of crafts from lots of different craft blogs.)

When God was handing out creativity, I must have been cooking in the kitchen or helping in the nursery.  I just never got it, and that's ok, cause I got lots of other cool stuff.  BUT...I have lived in my house for over a year without hanging any of my decor, because it was all dated.  I just couldn't do it.  So when I discovered the world of craft blogs and food blogs and sewing blogs, where they actually TEACH you how to do it and USUALLY it is easy and cheap enough for me, I did a little jig!

I remember the first time I came across a craft blog and thinking, "I could really do that!"  I was sooo excited.  I tried to recruit my mom and sisters and friends to do crafts with me (some turned out great, and others not so great!) and then they got sick of me.

I subscribed to ToNz of craft blogs and was instantly overwhelmed by all the stinkin' creativity out there.  I kept seeing things I wanted to make and then could never find the link again.  So...I came up with a plan for myself to keep track of the things I want to do and then, click!, a light went on (see, I can use my noggin!) and I decided to make my OWN blog and have all of my fAvOrItEs in one little place...and share.  Heaven knows I will never get around to a hundredth of the things I find, but maybe, JUST maybe, you will.

So, here is my blog.  Please feel free to share with your friends and please, Please, PLEEZE, share any links for fun crafts you come across (through my email on my sidebar), any of the featured projects you make (especially if you varied from the original) and any ideas you have.  I know I have LOTS of friends who are talented enough to make their own things, so please share if you will.  I will gladly sing praises to your name if you do.

Enjoy your first craft below.


0 comments that made my day:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't read and run. I would love to know what you think. Good? Bad? (Okay, maybe not the bad. My ego is fragile still.) It is your comments that keep this little brain buzzing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...